On June 24th 2021, PPO and Food Safety Tech presented a webinar titled, “The More The Merrier: A Multi-Hurdle Approach to Detection.” This webinar was presented by Olga Pawluczyk, CEO of PPO; Maria Fontanazza, Editor-in-Chief at Food Safety Tech; and Jeremiah Johnson, Corporate Manager, Regulatory Compliance, Food Safety & Sanitation at Hormel Foods.
Jeremiah Johnson kicked off the webinar by explaining Hormel’s foreign material journey. He presented three case studies and how they’ve shaped their food safety culture. Jeremiah also shared how Hormel uses a multi-hurdle approach to detection. Olga Pawluczyk continued the presentation by explaining how detection and inspection work. She then looked at considerations when choosing systems for a multi-hurdle approach. Finally, Olga wrapped up the webinar by discussing hyperspectral Imaging at PPO.
Click below to watch a recording of the webinar. Interested in a particular speaker or topic? Here are the approximate start times for each speaker:
- Intro to Hormel Foods (Jeremiah) – 1:40
- Hormel Foods Foreign Material Case Studies (Jeremiah) – 3:51
- Prevention at Hormel (Jeremiah) – 9:53
- Food Safety Culture at Hormel (Jeremiah) – 12:14
- Multi-Hurdle Approach to Detection at Hormel (Jeremiah) – 14:21
- What is Detection (Olga) – 22:10
- Understanding Detector Performance (Olga) – 24:12
- Factors Affecting Detection In Any Inspection System (Olga) – 31:45
- Detection Using Light (Olga) – 35:49
- Choosing Systems for a Multi-Hurdle Inspection Approach (Olga) – 41:14
- PPO’s Inspection Technology (Olga) – 46:06
- Questions – 50:10